On this cruise along the Douro, we'll sail along the river between Porto and Pinhão. And to complete the experience from another point of view we'll return to Porto by bus.
1 Day Cruise to Pinhão
The cruise leaves from the Cais de Estiva dock, on the Porto riviera. The cruise launches, and as we slowly leave Porto behind, breakfast is served.
Passing through the Douro Valley and enjoying the incredible views of the vineyards and wineries, we'll arrive at the Crestuma-Lever Dam, whose lock takes you down 14 metres.
At midday we'll serve lunch, a typical Portuguese menu, with water, soft drinks and wine.
Continuing our route, we'll arrive at the Carrapatelo Dam - even more impressive than the last one, with a 35 metre drop, and with snacks and local port wine on board you'll enjoy the sights of the final vineyards as we pass through Régua, "the capital of wine and vineyards".
We follow the river upstream until we arrive at a third dam, the Barragem de Bagaúste, with a 27 metre drop, and at around 6:45 we arrive at Pinhão. Here we will visit the Quinta da Roeda, a vineyard where you can try some of their best vintages, before returning to Oporto.
The bus returns to Porto at 9:30 pm.
Itinerary from Monday to Friday
The itinerary above is for Saturdays, from Monday to Friday arrival in Porto is planned for 8:35, with just 35 minutes in Pinhão and costing €80 instead of €99.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12||Children under 4|
|Cruise to Pinhão||
Cruise to Pinhão
Children from 4 to 12US$ 47.50
Children under 4Free
* The price varies based on the chosen date
14 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Cruise from Porto to Pinhão.
English speaking guide.
Breakfast, lunch and snacks on board.
Bus back to Porto.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Porto local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Cais da Estiva, Ribeira, Oporto.