Get to know the fertile banks of the Douro on this tour of the striking areas of Amarante and Pinhão. Discover the charming landscapes of this wine producing region.
Having picked you up at your hotel the tour makes its way to the old city of Lamego, where we will discover it's beautiful historic centre, as well as the stone 'St. Peter's Bridge', the symbol of the region.
The next stop will be Galafura, in the heart of the valley, providing incredible views of the entire region. Then, to discover the local gastronomy, we'll eat in a traditional restaurant and of course, during the meal, you can sample some of the famous region's finest wines. Please let us know if you have any allergies or dietary requirements.
After eating we embark on a cruise to discover the area by water, with spectacular views from the boat.
The last stop will Quinta da Roêda, or another similar vineyard/wine cellar. And before returning to Porto, the visit ends with a tasting of their exquisite produce.
Then before returning to Porto we'll embark on a cruise to discover the Pinhão region from the water. The views from the boat are truly unmissable.
The tour returns to Port, arriving at around 6:30 pm, finishing the tour in your hotel or wherever you like.
The Douro region was the first wine producing region highlighted for its beautiful landscapes and earning the title of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
When you book this activity, please choose whether you would like to make your own way to the meeting point next to San Bento Railway Station or if you prefer to reserve this activity with hotel pick-up option from Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia. Please note that pick up is only from hotels in the centre of Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia and other types of accommodation (hostels, B&Bs etc) are not included.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12||Children under 4|
|Tour with pick up||
|Tour without pick up||
Tour with pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 53.10
Children under 4Free
Tour without pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 47.50
Children under 4Free
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an 8 seat minibus.
Official English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
Visit to a winery with wine tasting.
Cruise around the Pinhão region.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352.