Discover Porto's oldest wine cellars, enjoy their port and feel like a local trying the most traditional dishes in the most typical bars. There's no better way to discover the true taste of Porto!
Porto Wine Tour
We'll leave from the meeting point at 4 pm and cross over the Dom Luís I bridge. As we cross we'll be able to admire the wonderful views of Vilanova de Gaia and Ribeira, with their popular colourful houses. A perfect photo opportunity!
We'll be welcomed into Vilanova de Gaia as we come off the bridge, and we'll wander around its streets until reaching the Croft wine cellars. Opened in 1588, this is Porto's oldest bodega. Here we'll have the chance to discover the wine-making process first-hand. We'll also enjoy a wine tasting with three different port varieties.
To get the true taste of the city, we'll head into two of its most typical bars, and just like a group of locals, we'll taste a Duero wine and a traditional Vinho Verde. Plus, we'll accompany this wine tasting with Portuguese cheese and cold meats making for a complete gastronomic experience!
The tour will end at around 7:00 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 66% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Price per person|
Price per personUS$ 32.50
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
English, Spanish and Portugues speaking guide.
Visit to the Croft cellars and port wine tasting.
Duero wine and Vinho Verde tasting with tapas.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (4:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
Lower deck of the Dom Luís I bridge, on the Porto side