On this cruise we'll sail the river Duero to Régua, the capital of wine and vineyards. To get the most of the local landscapes we'll return to Porto by train, getting a taste of a different point of view.
One Day Cruise to Régua
The cruise leaves from the Cais da Estiva dock, in Ribeira, Oporto. And having launched, whilst we leave the centre of Porto behind, we'll serve breakfast.
Passing through the Duero Valley and enjoying the incredible views of the vineyards and wineries of the area, we'll arrive at the Crestuma-Lever Dam, with a lock which takes you down 14 metres.
At midday we'll serve lunch, with a menu of traditional Portuguese dishes, accompanied by water, soft drinks and wine.
Continuing our route, we'll arrive at the Carrapatelo Dam - even more impressive than the last one, with a 35 metre drop, and when we arrive in Régua at 3:45 pm you will have free time to pass through its streets and discover some of the gastronomic jewels the region has to offer.
After the visit we will take a bus to the train station, and the train back leaves Régua at 5 pm, arriving at the San Bento Train Station in Porto at 7 pm.
The lunch included in this tour is typically Portuguese. If you prefer, you can also ask for a gluten-free menu. For this option, please write it down in the comments section.
Due to variations in availability, it's possible that the return to Porto is by bus.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12||Children under 4|
|Cruise to Régua||
Cruise to Régua
Children from 4 to 12US$ 40.30
Children under 4Free
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Cruise from Porto to Régua.
English speaking guide. Breakfast and lunch on board the boat.
Train back to Porto.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Porto local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Cais da Estiva, Ribeira, Porto.