Enjoy Porto's traditional cuisine with this food tour around the city centre which will satisfy the most sophisticated palates. Are you going to miss out?
What to expect?
What does Porto taste of? To find out, the tour meets at Rua de Passos Manuel, 44 and over three hours will enjoy a walking tour of the city centre. We'll stop at different markets and taverns to experience the signature food.
The Francesinha is one of the most famous dishes, but certainly not the only one. Another that stands out is the recipe for the custard cream cake, which we'll sample with a delicious coffee. We'll also stop at a popular establishment to try a codfish cake with a glass of wine: delicious!
We'll continue on the tour through Porto visiting a delicatessen, where we'll tickle our tastebuds by sampling smoked meat, cheese, bread, olives and a glass of red wine. At the next stop, we'll have a beer with a succulent bifana: a classic, spicy Portuguese pork sandwich.
Before heading back to the starting point, we'll finish the tour tasting three different types of Porto wine. The perfect finishing touch!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 34.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
Food tasting as mentioned in the description.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Rua de Passo Manuel, 44