On this tour we'll visit Santiago de Compostela, one of the oldest sites of pilgrimage in the world, and Valença do Minho, a beautiful historic town on the border between Portugal and Spain.
Santiago de Compostela Day Trip
Having picked you up at your hotel or the pick up point first thing in the morning, we leave Porto behind to cross the beautiful Minho region and enter into Spain.
Our first stop will be Santiago de Compostela, the most important religious centre in Spain, and one of the oldest sites of pilgrimage in the world, well known as the end point of the famous "Camino de Santiago".
Our first stop of the tour will be the cathedral, to admire this masterpiece from outside. The Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, built in a romantic style, is one of the most beautiful and most visited cathedrals in Spain, and it supposedly houses inside the remains of St. James the Apostle (Santiago el Mayor in Spanish). Whilst this point is often debated, what is sure is that the sepulchre containing his relics is hugely impressive. Although the cathedral is currently in the process of restoration works, and some areas are closed off, it's still an absolute must-see in the city!
Afterwards, we'll eat in a traditional restaurant (lunch is included in the price) and having finished, you will have free time to pass through the historic centre (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) or buy some souvenirs. So that you can fully enjoy lunch, please let us know when making your booking if you have any dietary requirements.
In the afternoon we'll leave Santiago behind, making our way to Valença do Minho, a beautiful historic town on the border with Portugal.
Here you'll have free time to check out its impressive fortress, dominated by two towers and surrounded by a double wall: an excellent example of the military architecture of the 17th and 18th centuries.
The tour returns to Porto around 6 pm.
Hotel pick up
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between adding a pick up service to your tour, with collection from hotels in Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, or making your own way to the meeting point at the San Bento train station. Please note that pick up is only from hotels in the centre of Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia and other types of accommodation (hostels, B&Bs etc) are not included.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 66% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12||Children under 4|
|Tour with pick up||
|Tour without pick up||
Tour with pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 66.90
Children under 4Free
Tour without pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 60.80
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
Official English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Does the tour visit the inside of the cathedral?
A - Yes, but the visit is unguided.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
352 Rua Mouzinho da Silveira.