Enjoy the famous Six Bridges of Porto cruise from Vila Nova de Gaia. You'll take a cruise on a traditional Portuguese Rabelo boat, and enjoy the best views of the towns of the Duero.
Six Bridges Cruise
Leaving from the Vila Nova de Gaia dock, we pass along the Duero river on board a traditional Rabelo boat, with which the barrels were transported from the vineyards of the valley to the Gaia wineries.
During the boat ride we will admire the six main bridges which cross the Duero and link Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia: The Dom Luís I Bridge (the most famous of the six, built in the 19th century), Infante Dom Henrique bridge, María Pía bridge (designed by one of Gustave Eiffel's associates), the São João railway bridge, Arrábida Bridge and Freixo Bridge.
As we pass below the bridges of the Duero river, we will enjoy some of the best views of the towns along the river. We'll learn details about the main points of interest in Porto and Gaia thanks to audioguides in English which you can enjoy on board. From the Rabelo, you can see the most famous of Porto's vineyards, found in Vila Nova de Gaia.
The six bridges cruise ends back at the Villa Nova de Gaia dock.
- Until 15th August, the boats leave at 11 am to 2:30 pm, 4 pm to 5:30 pm.
- A minimum number of participants is required. If this number of minimum participants is not reached for a given departure time, your reservation will pass automatically to the next available slot.
Six Bridges Cruise
If you're in Oporto, you can also book our Six Bridges Cruise.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12||Children under 4|
|50 minute cruise||
50 minute cruise
Children between 4 and 12US$ 8.90
Children under 4Free
50 minute tour in a traditional Rabelo boat.
Audioguide in English and 3 other languages (Spanish, French and Portuguese).
Visit to the wineries.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Vila Nova de Gaia Dock.