On this tour we'll get to know the history of Port wine, from its origin in the vineyards of the Douro Valley, visiting several wineries and trying their wines.
Douro Valley Tour
Having picked you up, we'll make our way eastwards, towards the Douro wine producing region.
The first stop is in Pinhão, a small Portuguese located on the confluence of the Douro and Tedo rivers and home to a large number of wineries. Here, we'll enjoy the region's star product: wine. As well as the wine, we'll also be treated to a delicious traditional lunch of Portuguese delicacies. So that you can fully enjoy this traditional lunch, please let us know if you have any allergies or dietary requirements.
After eating, we'll embark on a relaxing cruise along the river, enjoying the spectacular views of the valley, before heading to one of the region's most important wineries where you'll tastefine Port wines.
The excursion ends in Porto at 6:30 pm, either back at your hotel or at a point convenient to you.
When you book this activity, please choose whether you would like to make your own way to the meeting point next to San Bento Railway Station or if you prefer to reserve this activity with hotel pick-up option from Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 66% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12||Children under 4|
|Tour with pick up||
|Tour without pick up||
Tour with pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 52.50
Children under 4Free
Tour without pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 47.20
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
Official English speaking guide.
Wine tastings in the various wineries visited.
Cruise around the Pinhão region.
Lunch with drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352.