Explore the historic centre of Porto with this entertaining segway tour. A light-hearted and different way of getting to know the history of the city that flows from the Douro River!
Segway tour of Porto
We'll meet at the chosen time at Rua Alexandre Herculano. After a brief initial training where we'll learn to steer the segways, we'll start the tour of Porto. Ready? The city centre awaits!
We'll start the journey admiring the characteristic Don Luis I bridge. Do you know how the impressive walkway over the Douro River was constructed? We'll continue the tour climbing up to the Porto Cathedral square, whose origin dates back to the 12th century. Its exterior architecture looks like an Art History journal as it combines romanesque, gothic and baroque elements.
Throughout the segway tour we'll also be introduced to some peculiar facts about Porto's famous azulejo tiles. We'll see the peculiar decorative system in symbolic areas of the city such as the treasure that is the São Bento Station inaugurated in 1916, which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its beauty deserves this achievement!
After two hours travelling around the city centre on segway, we'll finish up the tour by heading back to the starting point. We'll end having discovered something new about the captivating city of Porto!
Who can join the tour?
- Each participant must weigh a minimum of 45 kilograms and a maximum of 118 kilograms. The minimum height is 1.5 metres.
- This tour isn't recommended for people who have been recently operated on and pregnant women.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
under 8not admitted
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Segway and helmet hire.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Rua Alexandre Herculano.