Hike through a spectacular valley and discover one of Portugal's most charming cities with this trip to the Paiva Walkways and Aveiro, departing from Porto.
Aveiro and Paiva Walkways Trip
We will pick you up from your hotel at 8 am from your hotel or at the Praça da Liberdade square in Porto, as you prefer, and we will take a one hour trip to the Passadiços do Paiva Trailhead.
Once at our destination, we will start a wonderful three-hour walk along these wooden walkways. We will find ourselves in the middle of stunning nature, and the surroundings of the Paiva River, as we make our way through the Arouca Geopark.
Afterward, we will hop on the minibus and drive to Arouca, where we will enjoy a delicious traditional meal. You will have a choice of different dishes, such as the woodfire grilled steak.
Having regained our strength, we'll be on our way to Aveiro, the Venice of Portugal. There we will see the magnificent Republic Square with its elegant 18th century Town Hall and we will pass in front of amazing Art Nouveau constructions such as the Casa do Major Pessoa and the Ergovisão building. We will also try some ovos moles, the famous Portuguese candied eggs.
After discovering the history of Aveiro, we will board a traditional moliceiro boat for a brilliant 45-minute trip along the city's canals, with unique views of the colorful streets!
We will finish the trip by returning to Porto and on the way, we will make a short stop to admire the famous striped houses of Costa Nova. This is a great opportunity to take a souvenir photo of your trip!
After this, our tour concludes back at your hotel at 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 4 to 12 years oldUS$ 57.30
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Paiva Passages.
Boat trip in Aveiro.
Tasting of candied eggs.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.