Love wine and music? Experience a fusion of these two passions at Caves Cálem, where you'll indulge in a delicious Porto wine and enjoy a traditional fado performance. An unforgettable evening!
Fado Show & Wine Tasting: what to expect?
Begin your evening of Portuguese culture with a guided tour of the interactive wine museum at the renowned Caves Cálem, a traditional Porto winery established in 1859. You'll learn all about Porto wine, from the different types of grapes grown in vineyards across Portugal to the production process.
As you visit the ageing rooms and cellars, you'll discover the traditions and history that surround wine in the coastal city, and with your new-found expert knowledge you'll be treated to a tasting of the winery's best products. See if you can identify the different tastes and aromas in each wine... cheers!
For the finishing touch on a wonderful evening, you'll enjoy a live performance of traditional Portuguese music: fado. The historic genre, which has been recognised as Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, is characterised by melancholy rhythms, string instruments like the Portuguese guitar, and lyrics about love, life and the sea.
As the emotion of the music fills the room, you'll be captivated by the magic of fado and the passion of the musicians and singers performing it.
Only adults over the age of 18 years old may participate in the wine tasting.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 10 years old|
Children under 10 years oldFree
1 hour 15 minutes.
Live Fado performance.
Visit to Caves Calém winery with English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.