Discover the best Portuguese fish on this tour of Matosinhos that will take you to a fish market, a fish auction and even a canning factory!
Matosinhos Fish Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel at 8:30 am and set off by bus to the city of Matosinhos.
After a half-hour journey, we'll arrive at Angeiras Beach, where we'll get the chance to see the fishermen arriving with their catches. Then we'll head to the local market to watch a real fish auction!
After an hour and a half, we'll leave the Angeiras neighborhood behind to visit a canning factory that has been open for almost 100 years: Conservas Pinhais & Cia. Here, we'll get to see how the products are manufactured and discover the importance of the canning industry in Matosinhos.
We'll also enjoy a delicious lunch of grilled fish in a restaurant in the Matosinhos Fish Market.
The tour will end at 2:30 pm back at the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
|Adults||Children under 13|
Children under 13not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to a canning factory.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.