Discover the best Portuguese fish on this tour of Matosinhos that will take you to a fish market, a fish auction and even a canning factory!
Matosinhos Fish Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel at 8:30 am and set off by bus to the city of Matosinhos.
After a half-hour journey, we'll arrive at Angeiras Beach, where we'll get the chance to see the fishermen arriving with their catches. Then we'll head to the local market to watch a real fish auction!
After an hour and a half, we'll leave the Angeiras neighborhood behind to visit a canning factory that has been open for almost 100 years: Conservas Pinhais & Cia. Here, we'll get to see how the products are manufactured and discover the importance of the canning industry in Matosinhos.
We'll also enjoy a delicious lunch of grilled fish in a restaurant in the Matosinhos Fish Market.
The tour will end at 2:30 pm back at the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 33% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 33% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 58.10
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to a canning factory.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).